- Expectations: Last year was the fourth running of the Pinellas Trail Challenge. This is a free event with the option to purchase merchandise. Last year we had 9 aid stations, two having a bag drop, and a finish line BBQ. Aid stations and supplies depend upon volunteers and supply donations. Last year went very well and we work every year to make the event better and an all-round great experience for runners, crew, and family. Please do not expect things you get when you pay for a race.
- There will be a 6 am check-in on Saturday September 1, 2018 at the start of the Pinellas Trail at the intersection 1st AVE SE and Bay Shore Dr. SE in St. Petersburg. Participants will receive a number with a telephone number written on it to call if the participant will not be able to make it to the finish. The event will promptly start at 6:30 am. There will be no bathrooms or supplies at the start. Please use the facilities before arriving. You will have to find your own parking and transportation back to the start.
- This is an open course and crew, pacers, cyclists are not only allowed, but highly encouraged. This event usually has extreme temperatures making fluids and ice highly needed. Uncrewed runners will run the race making use of the amenities along the trail including water fountains, restrooms, and convenience stores. Bring money if you are planning to run without a crew. Participants will be required to carry a cell phone if running without a crew.
- Aid stations: Aid stations depend on volunteers and supply donations. We will not be able to release locations until volunteers and supplies are confirmed. This information will be updated closer to event date.
- Crews: Crews make this event better for everyone! On the 2014, 2015, and 2016 runnings, we had multiple crews helping multiple runners. I highly suggest bringing a crew and instruct them to help everyone.
- This is a timed event. There are no chips or splits, but finish times will be recorded. Participants with strong objection to recorded times may ask to be excluded.
- Course Time Limit: 13 hours ( 7:30pm EST)
A USATF sanctioned event put on by Pinellas Trail Challenge Inc.